Energy –The Balance of Life
What is energy?
Energy is a source for many things and it is produced by water and sunlight.
Where do humans get energy from?
Humans get their energy from water and excising everyday.
Plants1. What substance does a tree use for food?(highlight your answer in yellow)
2. What four things does a tree need for photosynthesis? (highlight your answer in yellow)
3. What causes a tree's leaves to appear green?
4. What signals a tree to preparing for winter?(highlight your answer in yellow)
a. The days become colder.
b. The weather becomes dry.
c. There are more rainy days.
d. There are fewer hours of sunlight.
5. How does a tree get water?(highlight your answer in yellow)
a. It makes water in its leaves.
b. It turns glucose into water.
c. It absorbs water through its roots.
d. It uses photosynthesis.6. Why do a tree's leaves change color in the fall? (highlight your answer in yellow)
a. The tree has less chlorophyll.
b. The tree has less water.
c. The tree has no leaves.
d. The tree is growing quickly before the winter sets in.
CompostWhat is compost?
Compost is a bin that has greens and browns and fruits.
What are the things that you cannot put in a compost bin?
List 5 things that you can put in a compost bin.
- Food scraps
MY TOPIC REFLECTION
- What have you learnt about this topic?
- What did you like about this topic?
- What is your role in practicing sustainability for a balanced future - at home, at school, in my community?
I have learnt that oxygen comes from trees and plants.
I liked the information hunt about Dairy farming.
I need to keep our school clean and green.
At home I need to keep my room cleaned.
In the community I need to make sure that there is no rubbish on the beach because all of the creche does”net die.